FREE Implementation Template
Installing Microsoft Clarity in Piwik Pro Tag Manager
Quickly deploy the Microsoft Clarity tracking script, custom tags and user id tracking on your website using this FREE Piwik Pro Tag Manager.
The template will save you time and helps you activate the tracking you need for actionable insights in Microsoft Clarity.
We mainly built the Microsoft clarity implementation template for e-commerce websites, but you can also customize it to suit your measurement needs.
What You Get In This Piwik Pro Tag Manager Template For Implementing Microsoft Clarity
The Microsoft Clarity Tracking Script
The template will help you deploy your Microsoft clarity base tracking script, allowing you to swap the project ID with yours.
You can learn everything about Microsoft Clarity in this comprehensive guide.
Tracking Custom User-ID In Microsoft Clarity
The template can also track custom user-ids in Clarity, making it possible to send your website’s internal user identification values to Microsoft Clarity and use them for data segmentation.
Integrate Piwik Pro & Microsoft Clarity
You’ll have the ability to integrate both tools seamlessly. The Clarity session recording URL will be available in Piwik Pro, the same as a custom tag where you can filter by the user Piwik Pro visitors id in Microsoft Clarity.
6+ Custom Tags For Powering Analysis In Microsoft Clarity
This recipe has six different types of custom tags, which help power your analysis in Microsoft Clarity.
In the measurement template, you’ll get the following custom tags;
- pageTitle; segmenting by 404s or a specific page that different query strings can mutate
- ecommerceAction; Doing data segmentation for sessions where the user performed a specific e-commerce action, e.g. add to cart, initiate checkout, purchase, etc.
- conversionAction; Segmenting to find sessions with a conversion action or not.
- transactionID; For debugging, by watching a session recording of a particular session where a transaction happened.
- conversionType; Makes it possible to segment by a specific conversion that happened in a user session.
- pageType; It’s similar to content grouping in Google Analytics 4 (GA4)
You can learn more about innovative ways of using custom tags in Microsoft Clarity.
Possible Questions You Might Ask or Not
The reason for its non-firing is the requirement for the user to give consent for analytics. If GDPR is not applicable to your business, you will need to remove these types of consent in Piwik Pro Tag Manager.
I recommend reading this detailed guide on Microsoft Clarity, where it explains everything you need to know about the tool.
It takes lots of hours, before you’ll able to access the session recording using that URL
All the custom dimension used should be session scope
The measurement template works perfectly with every CMS (WordPress, Magento, Shopify, Big Commerce, etc.) You only need to have the GA4 or UA eCommerce dataLayer implemented on the website.
You can drop your email on analytics[at]dumbdata.co
Download Your Measurment Template
Download your template for easy and quick implementation of Microsoft Clarity In Piwik Pro Tag Manager.
* This template has the whole Piwik and Microsoft integration is done inside Piwik Pro Tag Manager
* Also note that Piwik Pro Tag Manager imports are set to overwrite
* This template has the whole Piwik and Microsoft integration done inside Google Tag Manager
You can share this FREE resource